Friday, October 2, 2009

"WHO DO PEOPLE SAY THAT I AM?"

In the world today I have heard many discussions on religion and in my writing I am not here to deny or dispute any of them. In fact I believe Muhammad is who he says he was and even Buddha, and the Jewish God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. But there IS a man who walks this earth making many claims to who HE IS. Two thousand (~2000) years ago He willingly suffered and died the most gruesome death never denying his divinity or his humanity for the sake of SAVING THE WORLD FROM THEIR SINS. It does not matter how good you have lived your life. As Jesus says, Whoever without sin cast the first stone. Can you cast the first stone?

God is a God of Love, but he is also a God of Justice and Mercy and as the psalmists David 51:6-7, said"Against you alone have I sinned; and done what is evil in your sight. You are rght when you pass sentence and blameless in your judgement. For I have been guilt ridden from birth, a sinner from my mothers womb."

BUT in
John 3:16 "GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD, THAT HE GAVE US HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON THAT WHO EVER BELIEVE IN HIM WILL NOT WALK IN DARKNESS BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE. "

Just to quote a few of Jesus statements recorded in his own words,

  • " I am the way, the truth and the life, no one can come to the Father but through me."
  • "I am the Living bread that came down from heaven."
  • "I am the Light of the world, he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of Life"
  • "I did not come to condemn the world but to save it"
  • "Before Abraham was I AM"
  • "Even if I testify about Myself, My testimony is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from or where I am going.

And everywhere Jesus walks there are miracles of healing, signs and wonders and people being set free. Free from sin and all types of strongholds, starting from the day Jesus was born, because that day the Kingdom of Heaven came to earth and it is a foreshadow/foretaste of our life in eternity.

As Jesus said in the gospel of John, "Which part do you want to stone Me for?" Jesus to the samaritan woman at Jacobs well, if you only know who is asking you for a drink, you would ask him for living water. She says sir, when the Messiah comes he will tell us everything, then Jesus says, "I AM HE"


Therefore Jesus in his infinite wisdom asks this question to all of us in the gospel of Mark 8:27 and other gospels


Jesus went out, along with His disciples, to the villages of Caesarea Philippi; and on the way He questioned His disciples, saying to them, "WHO DO PEOPLE SAY THAT I AM?"

The question we should all be asking is Who is Jesus? And is He all He claims to be?
It is either He is who He says He is or He is not. If He is who He says He is then those who do not believe or are not sure, need to be absolutely certain of what they believe in, because eternity is a very very very long time to live in darkness and suffering. I am absolutely certain if you seek God with all your heart and repent of your sins, you will respond as Simon Peter did,


"YOU ARE THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD"







No comments:

Post a Comment